Saturday 2 January 2016

365 Day Saving Challenge

I've touched on savings and debt a little before, so here is my (small time) savings plan for this year.  This isn't a New Years resolution as such, but just something I'm aiming to do to boost the savings a little!

This will run alongside any other savings we plan to do.
So I saw this on t'internet a few days ago and decided I'd like to join in!  The idea is to save something small every single day. So day 1 (I'm starting Jan 1st) you save 1p, day 2 - 2p, day 3 - 3p and so on until you get to day 365 and that's £3.65.  

I'm told (I haven't done the maths myself!) at the end of this I will have £667.95 to show for it (well £671.61 it is a leap year after all!). Sounds good eh!
So I've started, we're on day 3, 'tis completely pain free so far - it's all good!

The other thing I started to do last year which I was rubbish at; I will start again this year, and that is 'rounding up'.  Using  my online banking, at the end of each day any odd pence on my current account balance, I will move to the same savings account as my saving every day challenge.

We've booked an amazing holiday to Iceland for Jan 2017 - so if nothing else it'll be nice to have some extra pocket money so to speak! 
I'll keep you posted, TTFN Sammy xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sammy, I love a savings challenge (as you probably know!)

    Take a look at some of the templates I've created if it helps you track your savings. Whether you want to start at 1p, or you'd prefer to save backwards, there are also some savings options for the tightest of budgets. Check it out here> http://skintdad.co.uk/2016/01/skint-52-week-saving-challenge/

    Ricky from skintdad.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Thank you Ricky :0)

    ReplyDelete